Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Waiting expectantly...

Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God,
    for I pray to no one but you.
Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
    Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.
Psalm 5:2-3

How often do we wait expectantly - believing as we pray that God is going to answer those prayers and then wait on Him for the answers? In 'Facing the Giants' there is a story of two farmers who are both in desperate need of rain. They both spend time praying and asking God to send the rain, but only one of them then goes out into his fields and prepares them to recieve rain. Which farmer trusted God more? The one who prepared for rain... Have you been guilty of praying then sitting back and not preparing for the answer but thinking God will do it all for you? We need to wait expectantly - expecting God to answer and making sure we'll be ready when He does. God will send the rain... when He's ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment