Saturday, 23 June 2012

The bedroom...

Here Christ speaks to the single reader about premarital sex and about relationships with the opposite sex. If you are unmarried, are you keeping yourself “holy in body and spirit” (1 Corinthians 7:34)? And if you are married, are you careful in your purity with other men and your faithfulness to your mate? (Elizabeth George)

I have to admit to being a little scared to write about this. It is such a big topic that I wasn’t (and am still not!!) sure I would add anything of worth or of benefit. But I do have some great resources which I thought I’d sure with you.
The first part of this is directed towards those who aren’t married. In a world that is so focused on getting what I want when I want it and with making myself happy before everything else, sex has become something to be used to gain pleasure in the moment and something that can be given away with no very little thought of tomorrow. I don’t agree with this at all. Someone once told me that every time you have sex with someone you give a little of yourself to them that you can’t ever get back. Is it worth it – for a moment’s pleasure? I really want to encourage you to really think about this in light of eternity. God designed sex for the context of marriage – to be a beautiful thing that enhances your relationship in a way that nothing else can. And for those of you who think that you may ‘have to’ to keep your relationship or boyfriend… here’s a great wee talk from the guy who brought us the You Tube clip ‘Jesus verses religion’.

And an interview with BarlowGirl – a Christian band – about their stance on purity…

The second section is then directed towards those of us who are married. This is something which has been talked about a lot recently – and I think that the more we talk and think about it the better, especially in a world where it is so easy to contact others through facebook, twitter and all the other technology out there. Recently there has been a focus on facebook and how easily you can trace and re-connect with people from your past. In the following article The Unveiled Wife shows how detrimental that can be…
If you go down your facebook friends list – do you have any ex-boyfriends? Or do you have any guys that shouldn’t be there? I have quite a few guys on mine, mainly because my husband isn’t on facebook, and so they all add me to contact him! But he also can access my facebook account at any stage and I show him all the messages I get – total transparency is key where technology is involved.

We need to make sure we put God first and then our husbands - and be careful of any relationships with men other than them. At home, when we have any groups in our house at all, or if my husband is going to be late home, I always make sure I have my eldest son up, until at least one other girl, or my hubby, come in. That way I am never alone with a guy - the first sign of weakness if thinking 'that would never happen to me' - so the best plan is to always take action so it never does.
There are lots of wonderful blogs on marriage and lots of wonderful You Tube clips, but I thought I'd end with this one...

Keep shining...  J

No comments:

Post a Comment