Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Another split discipline!


You shall make sure your husband is number one…

For MARRIED ladies – this can be as tricky as the first discipline we looked at. I have four wonderful children. I say they are wonderful because I am terribly biased and love them all dearly, but sometimes that can actually be a problem. I will be the first person to admit that sometimes I have been known to get so caught up in the boys that I have put them and their needs well above my husband. And then every so often I have to stop and reassess where my priorities are and adjust things accordingly! Or maybe your problem comes not from putting your children first, but maybe it’s your mum - someone you’ve always been close to and who still wants to be a big part of your life – or maybe it’s your job…  As the Scriptures say, “A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.  (Ephesians 5:31). No matter what the problem is you need to focus today on outing your husband back into his rightful position. God first… and then your husband.

For the SINGLE ladies – OK – so obviously there is no way I can spin this for you guys since you don’t currently have a husband to put as number one!! But what I wanted to challenge you on today was to think about what you have put first in your life at the moment. I am, of course, meaning after God… but what I think would be good for you would be to sit and pray over what takes priority in your life, reflecting on how your spend your time, energy and finances. If you can write out an hour by hour schedule of how you spent the last 24 hours and the last week and see if there is anything on that that is currently taking your focus off God.

Keep shining... J

No comments:

Post a Comment