Thursday, 2 August 2012

Learning more about ourselves and our mates...

You shall study your mate…

For the MARRIED ladies – How well do you know your husband? I remember when my husband and I were dating I knew him SO well – I knew what his favourite meal was, what dress he liked me to wear most, what colour his eyes are… everything. And now? Now I’m not so good!! I know his eyes are blue, only because all the boys are gutted that they got green eyes like their mum and not blue like their boys! But some little things have fallen by the wayside and I definitely don’t spend as much time as I used to learning what I can about him. Romans 12:10 says Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honouring each other.” So my challenge to you is this. Think about three unique things that you love about your husband. Then find a way to show him how much you praise, honour and respect him with respect to your list.

For the SINGLE ladies – if you are engaged then you can read either post today!! Just read them both and pick which challenge is going to be harder for you to do – yep harder – we want to challenge you to better things not give you things that are too easy and don’t require any effort!!

And for those of you who aren’t engaged, it is my opinion that you can’t truly spend the time to get to know anyone else or study anyone else, when you haven’t taken the time to get to know yourself. The other day we looked a bit about finding out what God’s will is for your life. Today’s challenge works alongside that. God has given each one of us a unique set of talents and gifts. As Romans 12:6 reminds us "We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us..." I want you to write down three things that you can do very well – this could be something like baking / cooking / sewing / making something / designing something / some computer skills – it can be anything – as long as you do it well. Just think about them and write them down – you’ll be doing something with them soon enough!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment