Monday, 12 November 2012

A little act of kindness...

In keeping with looking at our finances, and the joy of having a giving heart, along with that happy holiday that is coming ever so close... I thought I would introduce you to one of the ideas that I have had in mind as a regular feature for this blog next year. 

Random acts of kindness... intentionally with a purpose!!

One of the greatest ways that we can shine for Christ is this world is by the love and kindness that we show to others. Any time someone has done an act of kindness for us, I have immediately asked why... And I have found the same when we do acts of kindness for others. They want to know why we would go out of our way to help them, or spend time with them, or cook for them... And if we can follow that up with the gospel, then it is definitely worth the time and effort it took to do it. 

Now I know that we're all a little strapped for cash, and especially at this time of year, but it is so special when we can find ways to share Christ's love with others, and find ways to encourage our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ even if it is just writing a little note or baking an extra tray of buns or cookies that can be delivered with a note to say 'We're thinking of you today...'

I follow a blog that has taken this to another level, which I love!! The blog is the Lil Light O Mine blog and they are just starting a Christmas focus, full of print outs and ideas of how you can share God's love through random acts of kindness. 

My family and I will be joining in this year, taking an idea every day in December, to keep the boys focus on giving and not getting, and the true meaning of Christmas. And next year, I want to challenge you each week to think of someway you can use acts of kindness, love and compassion to create opportunities to share Christ's love and truly shine for Him.


"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!"
Galatians 5:22-23

So is anyone else planning a few random acts of kindness?
Keep shining...

No comments:

Post a Comment