Monday, 5 November 2012

Our God - supplier of all our needs...

Over the past week we have been looking at the issue of finances and how we can manage them Biblically. I have a little story I wanted to share with you - a story that happened as I wrote the posts for last week and which made me cry!!

As we started going through the posts on managing your finances, my husband and I sat down to go through our own finances. As I mentioned before, we live by faith and have a wonderful team of people who give us monthly and some who give us gifts, to enable us to focus on serving God in our ministry. Well, on Monday we sat down to work through our support and the money that we have coming in. For a few different reasons we had lost a couple of people from our support team recently and as we looked at our expenditure for the next few months (including ministry trips, car repairs, a little thing called Christmas and a few more outgoings) we realised that for the first time in years, we weren't going to make it add up. 

No matter what way we jigged the figures and looked at it, it didn't work. We were going to fall short and something was going to have to give. For me, I don't worry about the monthly financials or the trips, because they always seem to be paid when we need them - I worried about Christmas. Were we going to be able to get our kids Christmas presents and were we going to have enough money to have the family round and feed them? (Sound familiar - did you wonder why the questions seemed so personal last week??)

My husband processed all of this a little faster than me and realised that this was indeed a test of our faith. Did we really believe everything we preached? Did we really believe that God would supply all our needs and Christmas too?

I have to admit that I did worry a little to God and poured out my frustrations and anxiousness more than once at the start of the week, but as the time went on we both came to a place of peace that said yes, we believe in the provider God and yes, we will trust that He has it all worked out. 

On Saturday morning we received an envelope in the post which made me cry. When my husband opened it he passed it to me, not able to speak, which made me even worse!! In it was a cheque for an amount that will see us through our car repairs, our ministry trips and petrol and yes, a little bit for Christmas too.

We had come to the conclusion that our God was big enough to solve our problem and to supply what we needed, but right in the middle of my doubt and worry, God spoke loving words in another's ear, telling her what to do and where to send it. Not only did I have to thank her for her incredible gift, but for faith renewed and wonder and awe restored in a loving God who really does supply ALL that I need. 

I wanted to share this with you because things like this happen every day - you just have to put yourself in the hands of the Almighty, who loves you more than you could ever imagine and who really is there for you, no matter what you are going through. 

And please remember, the next time you hear a little whisper in your ear, take heed and do what it says - you never know the blessing that you will bring to those around you. 

Keep shining... 

1 comment: