Sunday, 2 December 2012

Teaching moments...

Today my hubby left for a short trip to the US. This isn't something out of the ordinary, as he travels a lot with work, but usually he goes to Poland at this time of year. There is always a certain amount of excitement when he is stuck in the snow and wondering if his flights are going to leave and arrive on time!!

Why am I telling you this? This month our family are trying to focus on giving to others and sharing Christ's love with everyone around us instead of just thinking about ourselves. This week will be a little harder and I am always a little more stressed when he's away, but I am planning to use these feelings to help with our challenge. I want to really help my boys to appreciate what they have and to help them to see how not everyone lives in the same situation as them. 

So this week our acts of kindness will revolve around single parents, orphans and those who don't have as much as we do. I am still drawing up my list, but as I do it I am praying that this will help install a servant-heartedness and an attitude of true thankfulness in my boys, as well as sharing God's love. 

I hope you'll join me in the challenge and please do let me know what you are doing!! In everything, keep shining... 

No comments:

Post a Comment