Thursday, 13 June 2013

Never Alone - BarlowGirl


Have you ever felt like no matter how many people where around you, you were all on your own? Have you ever had a day so bad that even when you called out to God, He wasn't there? Or at least thats how you felt?  

Over the past 6 months I have had plenty of days like that. Days when I woke up feeling alone, surrounded by the chattering of my boys and my husband, all of whom had no idea how alone I felt sitting right beside them. I've had days where I felt that God had deserted me. That I had pushed Him too far away and that He had walked away and said 'No more..'

But today's song was one that filled me with hope - the hope that no matter how far I'd gone, there was no-where I could go that would separate me from my Father. It gave me hope that I have a connection to my God that goes deeper than just going to church (which I wasn't doing) and touched my very soul. The words of this song penetrated my walls to remind me that even though I can't see Him, my God is very real and right there. 

"I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel You by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I"m never alone
We cannot separate
'Cause You're part of me
And though You're invisible
I'll trust the unseen"

It hit me that these words were so true. My faith is so real that its part of me. I mean when you think about it, when I asked Jesus into my head all those ears ago I asked Him to send the Holy Spirit to come and dwell in me - to actually come and live in me - helping to guide me and counsel me and live for God - to come and be that integral part of me that helps me communicate with my Father. I don't have to see Him or feel Him to know He is there. 

Galatians 2:20 tells us -

"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

So thank you to BarlowGirl for the one song that reminded me totally that when I have God in my life I am never ever alone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment