Wednesday, 4 September 2013

A practical gift....


God doesn't just give us gifts in relationships or super spiritual ways. He sometimes gives us exactly what we want or need in the most practical of ways - by giving us things!!!

One of the things I love most about living where I live is the house I live in! That may sound strange, but the house we currently own is a dream come true for me. When we first got married 13 years ago we bought a small bungalow, which although I loved it, it wasn't what I wanted. 

I had seen a new development of houses being built a few years before, and I fell in love with them! They were cottage style, in a lovely shade of brick and just perfect for the young family.... But it was WAY too expensive and we couldn't even justify looking at them :(

I was gutted. But we found a wee bungalow to love and we were very happy there... until we changed our jobs to work from home and had our first child! Our lovely wee bungalow all of a sudden turned into a cramped home/office... We needed to move! 

We put our house on the market, sold it very quickly and then realised that we probably should take a look at what was available for us to move to!! We made some appointments and ended up viewing 10 houses in one day. Only one was in the same town as we lived. And you guessed it - it was my dream house!!!

We left it to the end because I didn't want it to influence my views of the others, but it was by far the best. But it was still too dear. We prayed about it for a long time. But couldn't see how we could afford it. 

Until a very special person gave us a gift to enable us to put down an offer on it and buy our dream house. 



A gift that went beyond just money. It went beyond just buying me what I wanted. It went beyond natural to the supernatural. It was answered prayer. It was God-glorifying in the midst of indecision. It was amazing!!!

I have lived in my 'dream house' for over 10 years now and I will never forget the gift that it is. god truly gave my the desires of my heart, and although I know that He does it when it's the best for us and not because its what we necessarily want, I will always remember it! 

Of course now that I have four kids my 'dream house' looks a little different, but we're still praying about that one!! :) 

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!  
Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment