Friday, 13 September 2013

Food glorious food!!!


Today I want to talk about food!!! :) I love food - as evidenced by my need to go on a drastic diet!!! - but much than I love eating, I love making food for others. I mentioned before about my love of having people round for meals and supper and being able to welcome them into my home, but we also love being able to bless people with a meal ministry. 

This is a photo from Comfy in the Kitchen 


But what exactly is a meal ministry? I hadn't really heard of it before - as a ministry - until I read a wonderful blog by Janelle - Comfy in the Kitchen - and she opened my eyes to the possibilities!! A meal ministry is something every single woman can do - making a little extra when you cook or bake and blessing another person or family with it. Simple!!

What makes it a brilliant ministry to do, especially if you are in a stage of life when you think 'I'm not doing anything for God', is that if you can put together any type of food, you can do this. All it takes is for you to double your ingredients when you cook your dinner, and either give the second meal away or put it in your freezer for when you need it. 

Excellent examples of when this comes in handy include new mamas and their babies, if anyone is sick, if anyone has been recently bereaved, or if a family is struggling financially. The article here tells you all about Janelle's top tips for meal ministry and her website gives you plenty of ideas on meals you can make. It really does make a difference. And do have a good read at the website - it explains everything so much better than I can! 

So far this year I have made meals for a couple of ladies going through surgeries, a couple of new mamas and a friend who went through a loss. But we have not only been blessed to take part in a meal ministry, we have been totally blessed by receiving meal ministry! We have had lots of meals arrive at our door at such perfect timing it had to be God's hand and every time it has been something that our whole family would love. 

So my challenge today is a pretty obvious one!! Take some time to pray and ask God if there is anyone that you could bless with a meal ministry. Trust me when I tell you that you will get as much out of it as you give :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment