Monday, 28 October 2013

Week 2 of our Proverbs study

This week I am heading away for a couple of days with my family over our half-term holidays, so I'm putting the complete week's plan in this post! Just don't want any of you to miss out!! :)

So this week we are reading Proverbs chapters 2-4.

Monday
• Read Proverbs 2-4 and think about the reading outline:

• Ch 2- Solomon states that the search for wisdom will be amply rewarded
• Ch 3 - Solomon establishes that true wisdom is linked to trust and obedience
• Ch 4 - Solomon adds his personal testimony as he holds wisdom supreme


Tuesday
• Read Proverbs 2-4 and think about these questions:

• What type of diligence is needed to find wisdom?
• Whom does The Lord discipline?
• What importance are placed on the words of our mouth?


Wednesday
• Read Proverbs 2-4 and think about these further study questions:

• What sort of zeal does Solomon suggest is needed to find the wisdom that comes from God? Proverbs 2:2-4
• Which of the Ten Commandments comes into play when we think of having a 'prolonged life'? Proverbs 3:2; Deuteronomy 5:16
• What insight do we have here about Solomon's upbringing? And what lessons can we learn as parents? Proverbs 4:3-9


Thursday
• Read Proverbs 2-4 and think about these reflective questions:

• When do I prefer the seductions of the world to the study of the Word?
• How often do I consult God when making decisions?
• What can I teach my children or those in my care that will equip them for life's challenges?


Friday
• Read Proverbs 2-4 and spend some time in prayer:

• Ask for help to get your priorities right
• Pray for help to seek directions from God.
• Ask for opportunities to encourage others to seek God.

I hope and pray that you will get as much out of Proverbs as I am - it is a wonderful book! 
Keep shining xx

No comments:

Post a Comment