Friday, 3 January 2014

Books glorious books

One of the blogs I love to follow is written by Joy Forney - she's a missionary and has 5 kids. I think I identify with her because I have 4 kids and she is the same age as me, but I have to admit that sometimes it's hard to look at all of the wonderful things she is doing for God and the amazing things she does with her family without feeling a little jealous or as if I am not achieving my potential for Him. But that's not what this post is about!!! We'll maybe deal with that a little later in the year :)

She posted a list of the books (here) she hopes to read this year and it got me thinking. I read - a lot!! And I own A LOT of books!! Anyone who knows me knows that at some stage in every conversation come the words 'I once read...' or 'I have a book about that...' :) I am a bit of a book-aholic but some of my books aren't the most productive and I skim read quite a lot.

My list of 'good' books read last year is pitiful - and most of them were read either in the wonderful wee book club I'm a member of (love those girls!!!) or with GMG during the summer. The list was especially pitiful when compared to the list of romance novels I read - and not all of them of the good Christian variety, but that's something I aim to change this year. 

So here is the first half of my list of books I want to read this year - and I'm totally thrilled to share it with you. There are a couple that I have read before but NEED to read again - more slowly this time! (And of course there are 14 for 2014!!) 

1. Women Living Well by Courtney Joseph - this is one that I need to read again - much more slowly - it's that good! And Courtney is hosting a book reading plan on her blog 'Women Living Well' starting on 13th Jan. can't wait to join in!




















2. The 4 Seasons of Marriage by Gary Chapman




3. Being Ok With Where You Are by Stacey Thacker




















4. Sex Savvy by J. Parker (oh la la!!)




5. Impact My Life by Elisa Pullian




6. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (an oldie but a goodie!!) 




7. The Daniel Plan by Rick Warren  - this is the one I've started already because it's an issue I struggle with, so you may well hear a lot about it this year!! 



The next seven will be posted tomorrow! What are you reading this year? 
Keep shining xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment