Thursday, 2 January 2014

Goals, lists and even more lists...

Every year I make some marvellous 'New Year Resolutions' - and every year I have totally forgotten about them by the end of January! And my lists are always made up of things that aren't even quantifiable - you know like 'shout less at the boys' or 'eat cleaner food' or the good old 'get better organised'! I'm so bad at these that I even started a '101 things to do in 1001 days' list, thinking that if I had longer to complete my 'would like to do' list I might actually complete it! But alas, every time it hit 6 months in I forget to record things, forget to do things and end up writing a completely new list altogether!!

So this year I am going to do things a little differently! This year I am combining my two loves and writing one list of 14 things that I would like to see happen this year. They will all be things that are easily crossed off and will be things that I don't normally do - that have to be organised or I have to put special effort into. It's time to stop thinking and start doing... And hopefully my list will reflect that! 




I will still my hopes, plans and dreams for this year - given to God to sift through and see which ones are in His will for my life, and I am giving my whole year to Him - for His will to be done His way and in His time - but having a wee list is such fun!! (I do love crossing things off!!!) 





So whether you make proper lists and complete them all, or make undo-able lists and feel like a failure when you lose track of them, have a wonderful New Year and make sure you are doing it ALL for the King.

Keep shining xx 

1 comment:

  1. From one list-a-holic to another...kudos! You should see me officce FULL of all manner of lists :0). I am trying Ann Voskamp's list this year. If nothing, it is sure pretty :). www.aholyexperience.com/thedailies

    ReplyDelete