Monday, 6 January 2014

This year I plan to love God....


"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul 
and with all your strength and with all your mind."
Luke 10:27a




There is a reason that is the first key verse of 2014 for me. 
This year I plan to be different. 
This year I plan to practice what I preach and actually focus on putting God first. 
This year I want to be 'Intentionally Focused' in every part of my life. 
This year I plan to give God my all.

Now I am under no illusions that it will be easy, or that I won't have periods where I fail miserably, but I know that as long as I keep the verse above at the forefront of my mind, that I will always get right back up and start all over again. 

To help me to do this, and to help me to focus, I am going to be working my way through Proverbs 31:10-31 a verse at a time and really unpacking how I can be a Proverbs 31 woman in my everyday life. I know she is precious, but what does that mean for me? I know she gets up while it is still dark - do I really have to do that? 

I am so excited to be looking at this but sometimes it can be very overwhelming. So I thought about all the different areas of my life and each week we'll look at the verse in the context of:

Monday - generally 
Tuesday - my heart - looking at the family relationships around me - my marriage & my parenting
Wednesday - my soul - looking at how it impacts my walk with God
Thursday - my strength - I battle with my weight so I'll be looking at this
Friday - my mind - how the verse helps to transform my mind and attitudes

And then at the end of each week I want to look at the second part of the verse - 

"And love your neighbour as yourself"
Luke 10:27b

Saturday - how the verse in question inspires me to help my neighbour

I hope you will get as much out of this wee series as I am hoping to. I can't wait to get started! This week will be an introduction, and every so often we'll be leaving this format for some fun and mayhem! 

Keep shining xx 

1 comment:

  1. :0)...lofty and great goals for 2014. The Prov 31 woman is a bit imposing, no? But a good example of a mind set that seems long forgotten :(.
    When my kids were young, I remember reading somewhere that the Prov 31 woman was a combination of traits and possible not just ONE woman and that it seems from the wording of the chapter that her children were older.
    With that in mind, it encouraged me to be reasonable with her "perfectness" and extend grace for the days I...slept in...yelled at the kids...served ceral for dinner 0_0... :). We are a work in progess!
    "Aim small, miss small" right???
    Hope this year is filled with growth and blessings for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete