Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Knowing God's love...


Yesterday I talked about different ideas to show God's love through acts of kindness to those around us. Today I want to backtrack a little. I want to talk about knowing God's love. After all we need to know God's love before we can show it...

It's Easter - the time when we can celebrate God's love, but it's also a time when we can truly get a sense of what loving us cost God. The most well known verse in the Bible is John 3:16. It says this...

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, 
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

When I actually think about this verse, instead of just rhyming it off, it puts chills down my spine. I think it may be because I have sons, but when I think about how God was willing to sacrifice Jesus for me... for my sin, for my shame, for my disgusting secrets and horrible attitudes, for my lack of thought and for my selfish behaviour... I am overwhelmed by His love. One sinless perfect Son of God chose to suffer and die because His Father willed it, in order that I - a sinful selfish disaster - could have my sins forgiven and spend eternity with God. Wow! It is truly amazing. I couldn't give my sons up for anyone - not even to save my own life - yet God did and Jesus, who could have called down a multitude of angels to save himself, chose to die for me. 

That is love. Pure love. For me. For you. 

This Easter why not take the opportunity to think about what really happened. Let this year be the year that you finally say thank you to Jesus and ask God to forgive all the stupid, horrible and daily sins you commit and let Him change your life with His love, from the inside out. 

He died on the cross for you. 
He rose again for you. 
And His love can transform your life from now... forever....

If you are reading this and you want to know more or have a cuppa to ask me any questions, please get in touch. There is no greater decision that you will ever make. 

And if you have already given your life to God, why not take this Easter to recommit to Him, to examine all the things that may have crept into your daily life that you know just aren't right but you let slide because it's easier... Or think about everything you are doing that needs changed, stopped or for you to stand up for your Father. Make this year a year where we unite in recommitting our lives to Him, and start to change the world! 

Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment