Thursday, 10 April 2014

The best laid plans....

Don't you just love it when you have wonderful plans for the week ahead and life comes in and makes a mess of them!!! That's what happened to me over the last week and a half! Having four kids definitely makes for interesting plans! 

Well - I started off with my four goals and here's how I got on... or didn't get on as the case may be!!  

• Intellectually - write at least 3 blog posts this week & register for the course I want to do in September - I didn't get my 3 posts written, but I managed to note down plenty of ideas. And I got word that I can register for my course at the start of May so that's all sorted!! 

• Physically - do my two PT sessions & exercise for at least 15 minutes each day (no excuses!!!) - I completed two hour long sessions with my wonderful trainer and did one day extra 15 minutes exercise but I'm afraid that was it :( 

• Spiritually - Easter study (GMG) with memory verse - John 13:14-15 - this didn't happen at all! I did my quiet times but didn't post any of them in our GMG group and completely forgot (yep!!) to learn the verse :(

• Socially - meet 3 friends - one friendship that's old, one that's new, one that's growing... all of which I can talk about things of God and be totally honest with - each one a wonderful blessing xx - this I excelled at!!! One of my friends had to rearrange as it was her hubby's birthday - totally good reason!! - but I had wonderful times of fellowship with the other two!

So you can see we had a fun week! Instead of writing and more in depth Bible studies I had sickness, tiredness and a lost hour which completely messed with my children's sleep patterns! One little hour!! 

Anyway, this week I started off with similar goals and realised I'd forgotten to even posts them, so here are my goals for the run up to Easter. My boys get off school tomorrow for a glorious two weeks of family time :)

• Intellectually - I need to carve out some time to read this week. I am currently re-reading 'Confessions of a Prayer Slacker' by Diane Moody so I would love to have it finished (and studied) by the end of the Easter holidays. 

• Physically - I still need to exercise more so my goal is attend my Body Balance class and try the 15 minutes daily movement... Any kind of movement would be good!! :)

• Spiritually - my goal for the next couple of weeks is to pray more and keep up with my GMG readings. I need to focus more on prayer because I know without Him I can do nothing. 

• Socially - the next few weeks will involve lots of precious family time so I'm not really expecting much time with friends. We have a wonderful day out with each set of grandparents during Easter week which is always good fun and a wonderful day out with good friends so lots of fun and fellowship will be had!! :) 

What are your plans for Easter? 
Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment