Wednesday, 21 May 2014

I stand amazed...



"I see the stars that You have made
I know You call them each by name
To think Father God who heaven displays
Is thinking of me in intimate ways

I stand amazed in all of your glory 
That you would die for me, I stand amazed
I stand amazed in all of your glory 
True love's sweetest story, I stand amazed

I see the nails piercing Your skin
My wicked heart driving them in
I see the spear piercing Your side
And I see the lamb for me crucified

I stand amazed in all of your glory 
That you would die for me, I stand amazed
I stand amazed in all of your glory 
True love's sweetest story, I stand amazed"


This is a song that I have loved for over 10 years now after hearing a visiting choir sing it at church one evening. The melody is beautiful and the words are amazing. Each time I hear it it cuts straight through my heart, reminding me not only of how amazing our God is, and how much He loves us, but of what He did to show that love and what He suffered... for me...

I get chills and I get physically choked up when I sing it. Most times I can't finish it - especially when I'm on my own. It's when you find songs like this that worshipping through music really comes alive. 
Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment