Saturday, 3 May 2014

May challenges

As you all know by now, I am a great list maker so I decided to make life more difficult for myself - as you do - I would set myself a challenge or two to complete each month. So my challenges in May are these -


• Money matters - no unnecessary spending at all this month.





"Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 
After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, 
and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. 
So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content."
1 Timothy 6:6-8

Considering My husband does the main weekly shops, that should mean no spending by me at all. I am not bad with money - in fact I can tell you to the penny what we have spent and where, but I do sometimes buy things that I think we desperately need but we really can survive without. An example of this would be the lovely bread maker that my hubby bought me for my birthday 3 years ago, because I was convinced I would love to make our own bread each day. I haven't been able to make an edible loaf yet!!! No more!! If we can do without it for a whole month, we can probably do without it forever! 


• Move more - do at least 15 minutes of exercise each day.




"Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? 
So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. 
They do it to win a prize that will fade away, 
but we do it for an eternal prize." 
1 Corinthians 9:24, 25

As you know I am on a healthy eating journey which started on my 38th birthday on February. I am doing ok but the one thing I need to do so much more of is move!! Hence this challenge! Can't wait to see the results!!


• Manage your junk - get rid of 10 things each day.




"For everything there is a season, 
a time for every activity under heaven... 
a time to keep and a time to throw away."
Ecclesiastes 3:1, 6 

I figure by the end of May I will have thrown out / given away / donated / sold 310 items. That's 310 things that will no longer be cluttering up my house but will be piling up dust somewhere else! I'm looking forward to this one!! Spring cleaning is not my strong point so this will help no end!! 


So those are my May challenges. I'll let you know at the end of the month how I got on!! What are you hope to achieve this month? 
Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment