Sunday, 22 June 2014

Eat Pray Love - A weekend to cherish

This weekend I spent some time with an amazing group of women. And as my 'Eat Pray Love' was going to come exclusively from my time away, I'm going to share it with you. 

The weekend was organised by a friend of my mum for her weekly Bible study girls. She had asked my mum and I if we'd like to come and do a short talk on the Saturday and we jumped at the chance. 

Let me set the scene for you... 


The house is a lovely bungalow with lots of space and a great sized living room. But the best thing about it was what was happening behind me when I took this picture!

When I turned 180 degrees this is what you see...


Yes - we're that close to the beach!! Just down those little steps on the left hand side and down into the water you go...


And yes it does look even better in real life!! And to top it off we were blessed with the most beautiful weather! 

But the weekend was about more than having somewhere gorgeous to stay. It was a weekend of encouragement, love, recognising God's hand on our lives and having real honest genuine fellowship. We talked, we laughed - a lot!!! - and we cried together. We talked about hard times we'd come through and times we'd hung onto God's promises - like the verses found in Psalms 139:7-10


"I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! 
If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there.
 If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, 
even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me."


And times when we didn't even realise God's hand was guiding us and bringing the right people into our lives at the right time - until we looked back and we're able to see His fingerprints right where we needed them to be. 

We have an amazing God who loves us enough to touch our lives and help us through whatever we are struggling against. He is always there, even when we can't feel Him - maybe it's even ESPECIALLY when we can't feel Him. 

Beofre this weekend I'd never met any of these women, but I enjoyed it so much. It had it all - lots of great fun - including the cereal box game, a pair of knickers being thrown across the room at me and racing around the house - lots of wonderful tasting food - including homemade wheaten bread, lots of buns and a fry this morning!! - and wonderful fellowship - laughter, tears, prayers and encouragement... And I truly thank God for allowing me to be part of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment