Saturday, 16 August 2014

Eat Pray Love - the Daniel Plan way :)

I haven't done one of these segments recently, and as I'm trying to get back into routine for the new school term starting soon, I thought I'd start with this! 


This week saw the start of a new Bible study in our house. We're looking at 'The Daniel Plan' by Rick Warren (of 'The Purpose Driven Life' fame) and I was very excited to get started. I have mentioned before about my journey to try to lose the excess 5 stone I have lying around :) and I've been neglecting it over the summer months, because I figured that planning my meals and eating healthier would be too hard with the kids off school. But eating clean whole food and being able to incorporate my faith into my healthy eating plan has always been my goal. So this week we met together to start the next part of our journey, learning how faith, food, fitness, friendship and focus are the key to a healthy balanced lifestyle. So my 'eat' comes from session #1 - our smoothies :)



I made this one - according to the directions on our ever helpful DVD - and it consists of almond milk, frozen mixed berries, banana and some baby spinach leaves. It was beautiful and definitely got us on the mood for healthy eating this coming week. And of course it's the very best thing to drink out of a Coca-Cola glass!!!




As well as the food and fitness choices that we have to make this week, Rick Warren also did a short talk on Romans chapter 8. It was fantastic and really helped me to understand and remember why being healthy is as important to my spiritual life as it is to my physical life. Its not just a physical battle, but a spiritual one. 

"So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. 
But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace."
Romans 8:6

God wants to help us and we need to give His Spirit - which is living IN US - control of our minds as well as our bodies. God really does want us to give Him EVERYTHING. Not just the big things or what we think is important. He wants all the wee things - the 'should I eat this bar of chocolate' questions as well as the 'but I'm tired and I just want to sit down first' excuses we made to get out of exercising. He wants it all. Because it's only when we give Him out all that He can truly do amazing things in our lives - in all the little bits as well as the big things! 

I truly can't wait to see Him work in this journey. I believe He can change my life, my thinking patterns and my body and really use me for His glory! 



And that brings me to my 'love' segment for this week. This journey wouldn't be possible if I didn't have people on it with me. I couldn't continue on, fight through the hard time and succeed in this without the lovely group of girls doing it with me. We've started this journey together because, ladies, we need them to encourage us and build us up when we have a down week or feel like a failure... And vice versa. 

We all start at different stages - some need to lose a few pounds, others need to lose a lot (like me!!) and some are joining in for the health benefits that a healthy clean eating plan brings. But whatever our reason, we have the best thing in common - a God who loves us and is there to help us every step of the way. It makes the foundation for a very special friendship and I am truly thankful for every one of these ladies :)

So that's my 'Eat Pray Love' for this week. What have you been loving this week? 
Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment