Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Christ is enough for me...

You may have noticed that I haven't been blogging much recently... Life has been a bit busy and unfortunately something had to be set aside, that something being my blog. I love writing and sharing things I've found with you all, and I would really like to get back to it, so I've set myself a little blogging challenge. I am going to try to blog through April, using a great wee blogging challenge I found online. It will get me back into writing, hopefully be a challenge that I can get my teeth into, but also be a platform for me to share my heart to all of you. There is a real mixture of prompts, so let's get started!! 

DAY 1 - USING YOUR IPOD ON SHUFFLE, WRITE SOMETHING INSPIRED BY THE FIRST LINES OF THE NEXT SONG TO PLAY... 

Oh I love this - I get to include music with my first post back!!! My iTunes collection is very strange and varied, with albums from Casting Crowns, Glee, Hillsong, One Republic, Carrie Underwood and Pitch Perfect to name a few... so the next song on could have been absolutely anything!! 

Thankfully it was something that is easy to write about and very apt for today. The song is 'Christ Is Enough' from one of the Hillsong Live albums, and the first lines are :


Christ is my reward
And all of my devotion
Now there's nothing in this world
That could ever satisfy

Through every trial
My soul will sing
No turning back
I've been set free

Christ is enough for me
Christ is enough for me
Everything I need is in You
Everything I need


And today it is especially important because it's my spiritual birthday!! 29 years ago today I gave my heart to Jesus in a small meeting in a local church. I recognised that I was a sinner - that even though I was a 'good girl' I still had a big problem called sin in my life and I needed to ask God for forgiveness. 

From that point on God has been my constant companion, trusted friend and questioning conscience as I have made my way through the teenage years, uni studies and into married life. I am never alone, He is always there. He never lets me down, He never fails and He always has an answer to my prayers - even when it's something different to what I'd like it to be! 

Christ is enough for me - I am blessed to have a wonderful husband, four wonderful sons and an amazing extended family around me, but even if I didn't - He is enough. When things go right - He is enough. When things go wrong - He is enough. When my focus is on Him it makes me a much better wife, mother, sister, employee... Because He is enough and all that I need. 

As we draw near to Easter and really think about what He has done for us, let me ask you this question - is Christ enough for you? 

Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment