Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Reviewing my goals... part 2

Sorry I've been MIA a little - it's amazing how much time I had to write when stuck in hospital and how little time I have now!!! But I'm going to try to be a little more organised from now on!!! So back to reason two... 

The second set of goals that I wrote back in January were these - 


Oh boy!! These have not gone well at all!! My self-discipline has totally gone out the window and I really need to get back on track with this. 

So... to review... 

1. Well so far I've lost half a stone - which is going in the right direction but not at the rate I want. I need to get moving on this major time because the heaviness is killing me. I need to get back to moving and shaking... In my own special way!!! 
2. Yeah - there's no way this is happening anytime soon... We have our holiday coming up in July, and that may have to count because I can't see myself getting in the pool here until I've lost a good wee bit of weight. I'm too self-conscious and too embarrassed by my size - yet I haven't done much about it yet. I know that's a contradiction - but that shows where my self-discipline is at the moment. 
3. This was way too high for me to aim!! The BR programme is about half an hour each workout, and it's majorly good. But it's high movement and at the moment I couldn't even do 5 minutes of it. So I'm going to rethink this and be a little more realistic!!! 

So my new improved goals for the rest of 2015 are - 

1. Lose a stone. Yes, this one stays, but I'd like to lose a stone between now and Christmas. If I lose 1lb a week I'll be able to do it and more! But it's starting to eat right and do the little bits of exercise and start the weight loss moving again! 

2. Go swimming with the boys. I am still keeping this in as I really do want to do it, especially since they enjoy it so much. I will use our holiday swimming times if I haven't crossed it off by the end of the year, but I'm working towards this and really want to do it at home in Ards! 

3. Do an exercise programme each day. This is much more achievable if I use my '10 minute' DVDs because not only are the segments only 10 minutes long but there are also lots of different versions for me to try! There is target toning, kickboxing, yoga and get fit mixes. So hopefully this will work better!! 


The rest of my goal review is private - asking myself lots of hard questions and making realistic and SMART goals, but I'll maybe share them at the end of the year when it's all done!!! 

Next reason tomorrow... 

No comments:

Post a Comment