Friday, 1 January 2016

A coffee with God

So... I am going to work through the next year trying to balance my life so that I am of most blessing to my family while doing everything God has set aside for me to do. 

In order to do this (remember I'm a list maker!!!) I've got a different area to focus on each month, so hopefully by the end of the year I'll be in a better place, beautifully balanced and ready to thrive rather than just survive my life. 


So we come to the start of the year - January. This month I'm going to focus on the most important thing in my life - my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I need this to be right before anything else, because I need my life to be on the only foundation worth building. 

Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person 
who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents 
and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, 
it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock."
Matthew 7:24-26

"...and the rock was Christ."
1 Corinthians 10:4

In order to truly be beautifully balanced I need to have Christ as my rock. And in order to have that I need to do some work. 

In any relationship you need to put the effort into learning about the other person, finding out what they are like, what they enjoy and how to please them. This is even more important for us as we seek to find God. We need to learn about Him, His characteristics, what He does and what He wants us to do. 

The only way to do this is to spend time with Him. So as part of my focus this month I'm planning on spending my first moments of each day with Him - reading, praying and praising. 

Yes that means getting up earlier than I usually do and no I'm NOT a morning person (think I've said that many times before!!) so this will be a learning curve. But the result will be worth every painful second!! 

And since today is the 1st January the big question is "Did I get up early this morning?" Well? 

Yes!! I am truly determined so I started as I mean to go on. So at 8:45am I got up, got my cup of coffee and sat down with my Bible to start my day with God. I know it wasn't exactly early but we all stayed up last night (kids and all) so we all slept in this morning!!!

It may be hard and a habit I have to work at forming, but there's truly no better way to start my day. 

Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment