Sunday, 24 January 2016

My challenge this week...

Firstly - before I start writing today's post - I would love to thank everyone who has commented, text or messaged me after reading my 'a little honesty' post. I am truly blessed to have you all in my life and to have so much prayerful support. I'm really good at the moment and I am so blessed to be able to share my story with you as I go along. God has put each of us here for a reason, and if I can help or encourage anyone through this I'll be the happiest woman alive!! So thank you for your beautiful words and loving thoughts xxx



And now back to my challenge for the week. This month is all about deeper Christian living - it's about getting my relationship with God right and having my firm foundation on Him alone. And as I chatted about my lack of morning skills already, it makes this the perfect first challenge. 

My aim is get up each morning and spend time with God. 

Simple... And actually I've been doing ok at it so far. I say ok but I have been varied in my quiet times and I'm getting better at getting up!! 

I've had the three busiest weeks ever as our school had an inspection this past week, and we were busy little bees getting everything perfect for it. It's not a hard thing - you just have people come and watch you, taking notes every second, making you think you're doing everything wrong!!! But it is exhausting - mentally and physically. So much so I practically slept most of the day yesterday!! We're all very glad it's over and in the end the result was worth it. 

But tomorrow is back to basics, bread and butter work, back to our normal routines. So it's back to the challenge. And I'm really looking forward to it. 



I'll be starting a new study on prayer - run by the Love God Greatly girls - and I realise I'm a bit behind, but I intend to catch up at weekends! It works in so well as my prayer life is the next part of the challenge. And since January was such a weird month, I'll be focusing on my relationship with God throughout February too. 

See you bright and early in the morning!!! 
Keep shining xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment