Tuesday, 1 March 2016

It's March!!!

Wow! This year is flying by!! This year I've been trying to focus on a different thing each month but honestly it's not been going very well! 

But that's about to change :) This weekend I was at a conference and one of the speakers explained a very interesting thing about why people say it takes 21 days to make a habit. I'm a bit of a science fan so this really appealed to me!! Apparently (because I know nothing about this!!) after 7 days a 'bump' type thing forms on your dendrites (the finger like things at the end of your brain cells) - then after 14 days it's increased to a lollipop - and after 21 days it becomes a mushroom and is able to be stored in your memory as a habit. 


Sounds fantastic doesn't it!! It may be a load of rubbish, but the thought of something real actually happening as I put the effort into focusing on things really helped me visualise why I'm doing this year.  

Well we've the start of March and a new month means a new focus... 


I have 4 wonderful boys and I really do want to spend some time focusing on them and learning more about what they need from me in this season of life. They are 14, 11, 9 and 7 so they are all experiencing different things, from picking GCSE subjects to attending a Lego club in school!! Each week I'll be focusing on one child and doing something fun with him as well as loving him and giving to him. 

"Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him."
Psalm 127:3

I'll let you know how it goes!!! In the meantime I'll continue to focus on my Bible readings and my health, so it'll be a very exciting month!!! How is your year going so far? 
Keep shining xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment