Friday, 26 May 2017

My journey

Well, here I am, half way through this amazing journey. I can't believe it! And then I realised that I hadn't actually introduced where I was getting prompts from, or who was running the challenge. 

One day, about 3 weeks ago, I saw an advert on Facebook for a 30 day challenge to help you 'Be brave'. 

Now I'm not exactly wanting to be brave as such but it looked interesting enough for me to click on and check out the website. 

The website is called "Intention Inspired" and it's found at 


and every morning they send you an email for that day's challenge. In the email you get a 'brave act'  - like doing an act of kindness, being more aware of your surroundings or standing like a superhero (and yes I did that one too!!!) 


You then get a couple of quotes, some words of affirmation, a little video and then the journal prompts. 

Now, this isn't a Christian site or challenge - but because God is at the centre of my life, I have taken the prompts and used them as you have been reading - trying to incorporate God into my journey. 

But my main journey here is to grow closer in my walk with God, identify areas of my life and my walk that need work and think about some of the past issues taking root in my head which I've never really dealt with. 


In regards to that end, I've been going to Christian counselling for a couple of months now and it has been a real eye-opener. I originally didn't want to go as I thought once I started opening up and exploring the inside of me, that I'd start to cry and never stop. (I am a very emotional person at the best of times!) 

And to be honest there have been a lot of sessions where I've literally gurned my way through. It's emotionally exhausting! But so so good. And I have so much more to explore. 

It's been a very interesting couple of months and I can't wait to see what happens next. But it's also very scary, when you open yourself up and start to think about the beliefs you hold and realise that some are completely wrong. It's all those lies we tell ourselves! 

Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow with the next prompt. 
Keep shining xx 

1 comment:

  1. I just want to encourage you. To keep going with your counselling, no matter how hard thing get. Crying as i've been told by my counsellor, is actually really a good thing.

    I've been there from 2012 until recently at counselling and it's amazing. God has used it to change my life and I'm very greatful for it.

    Keep going. X

    ReplyDelete