Thursday, 1 June 2017

Games

Have a look at this. 



It occurred to me the other day that I have now played this 'daily challenge' on the Flow Free game for 178 days IN A ROW... that's almost 6 months! That's some achievement - or is it? 


This represents 178 days where I MADE SURE I didn't have to start all over again. Yet I don't think I've ever made it to 178 days straight in my quiet time. 


And yet God is the main thing in my life. That's what makes me tick. 


Why do I find it so hard to spend daily time with the most important person in my life? 


I struggle with discipline in all areas of my life, not just this one. But it really does annoy me that He is there waiting for me to meet with Him, to talk to Him, to spend time with Him, yet I choose to check Facebook, read an email or play a game. 



I do know that when I press pause and give God the first moments of my day, immersing myself in His love and guidance, things go so much better. I may still experience problems, but even then my attitude to them is completely different. 


So why not make it a priority every day? Because I'm lazy that's why. When it boils down to it, id rather hit the snooze button and have an extra 5 or 10 minutes in bed than spend it in God's presence. I'd rather sit down in the evening and play games on my phone than take the time to read His Word. 


And that's not good. 


So I am deliberately NOT going to play my game tomorrow. 


And then, on Saturday morning, I am only going to do the daily challenge if I have already spent some quality time with God. And the emphasis is on quality. No rushing through it to get to play my game - I want to sit in God's Word and spend time talking to Him. 


Then I'll see clearly how many days I can go before I miss a day and have to start again. Hopefully we'll check back in another 178 days and you'll see a much changed me! 


Keep shining xx 

2 comments: